Two Firsts

Levi has been sick with a tummy bug since Friday-ish. At first I thought it was a bad reaction to one of his vaccines from Friday, but once Monday hit and I was changing his diaper every 20 minutes, I realized it was the real deal: Levi had come down with his first illness.


Thankfully, he's staying hydrated and keeping milk down... it's just that he can't keep it in. This means we've been through a week's worth of diapers in 2 days AND that Levi is overcoming some of the worst diaper rash I've ever seen. I call it: I'm-going-to-scream-in-your-face-for-even-laying-me-down-on-the-changing-pad diaper rash.

As you can imagine, life hasn't exactly been fun or easy around our house. I'm constantly stain-sticking his new homemade wipes and gagging over the smell of Desitin Max (seriously, the smell is so obnoxious to me, I thought I might be pregnant-I took a test-I'm not. The stuff is nasty, but it works). But there is some light in all of this darkness. As I was changing the zillionth diaper yesterday afternoon, Mr. Cranky Pants decided I was the funniest person around:




This is Levi's first, real laugh. THANK GOODNESS I happened to have the camera right next to me. You can only imagine the joy I felt watching him light up and giggle, especially knowing that he wasn't feeling his best. How can you not love this little guy!!

Lara Child  – (October 21, 2010 at 9:32 AM)  

Poor thing! Hope he feels better soon. What a great little laugh!

Sally  – (October 22, 2010 at 10:35 AM)  

Aww. Amy this is so sweet! What a blessing for God to give you this joy in the midst of such a challenging time! He is so beautiful and he looks just like you!

keight dukes  – (January 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM)  

cant even stand it! those eyes, that skin! that chubby chuckle! priceless

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP