Apparently we fell off the face of the earth this week.  We moved into our tiny house in Palo Alto and just tonight got our internet back.  Updates from the past week (because I'm sure you're all dying in anticipation):


Living: We are technically moved into our new place in Palo Alto.  Technically, because everything's technically in our house- it's just a cluster to find anything.  We had the painters here yesterday to paint our bedroom; Comcast came today (I waited for 8 freakin' hours for them to show up and only got  a $20 credit for it... apparently my time is worth $2.50/hr); the painters are coming back tomorrow to touch-up the bedroom and work on the hallway; the upholstery cleaner is coming tomorrow to clean our sofa/chair/ottoman.  It is very, very much a work in progress and I'm trying my darndest to be ok with that.  

So far we've seen a massive raccoon (like, 3o pounds), a black squirrel, and 2 cats.  The sprinklers were possessed tonight and would not turn off.  Matt finally shut off the water, but managed to keep the house water turned on (thank goodness).  So, the gardener and plumber are coming tomorrow, as well.  And how shall I conduct my day of business with these vendors? From the king-sized bed that sits in our living room (our bedroom is still being painted).  

Little One: We had our 16 week sono today!!  For those who are curious, the baby is now the size of an avocado or gerbil.  The baby looked great and was even showing off with a head-stand.  Unfortunately, the dumpling was feeling quite modest and we did not get a peek at the gender.  BUT, next week we get an official gender scan!!  Sadly, I have a gained 5 more pounds in the past 3 weeks.  We also learned that my random, blood clotting issues should not be a factor for the pregnancy (could be a factor during the birth) but that I do have some type of mutation that makes it difficult for my body to metabolize folate and other B-vitamins. So, I'm on a new pill for that.  Lucky for me, this pill will also increase my appetite so I'll most likely be out-weighing Matt by the time I deliver in June and I will be looking H-O-T for bikini season.  

Etc:  I am sick with an annoying cold... just when I was kicking the first trimester tiredness, this is making me sleep even more. The dogs are at the vet for a week while we have all of these contractors in the house.  Matt and I found an awesome pizza place that delivers.

We'll be posting a preggo picture soon- promise!

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy  – (January 7, 2010 at 8:54 PM)  

ps- exceeding hubby's weight is quite norma. i did- and was back down within 2.5 weeks to only 15 lbs about from what was considered 'normal' weight range....i got scolded today at my appt for gaining too much weight, too- i blow it off bc my body is going to do what it needs to do adn this is the only time in my life when i am not worried about shorts, bikni, or skipping the french fries! haha

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP