Half Time Show

Matt and I have been obsessed with Scrubs since we got married and started living together. We both started watching it secretly and then finally realized that the other was also watching it, and now we constantly watch it together. Since we started so late into the series, we watch by the season and we have NOT seen the final season, so no spoilers please.

So, imagine my excitement at my 20-week OB appointment last Wednesday when the resident walks in and says, "Hi, I'm the chief resident here...". All I could think was chief resident!?!? Like Elliot Reid?? I wonder is she's actually co-chief resident with someone named J.D.?? But I can't ask her because she'll think I'm crazy, right? I totally missed whatever she said next... I was off in a Scrubs day-dream; J.D. would have been proud.

But I guess the real news is that we officially passed the 20 week mark!! And since a typical gestation lasts 40 weeks... we're officially HALF WAY!! And for your half-time enjoyment, here I am in all my pregnant glory!!

Do not be afraid- I will not eat you. And forgive the pajamas, no make-up, and bad hair. It was the end of the day :)


It only looks like an outie because my thumb is peeking out around the side of my belly.


Highlights from last week's appointment:
  • I've only gained 3 pounds in the past month, despite the fact that I downed a bag of BBQ chips last Monday!!

  • Everything else looks great- Baby Boy would not come out for the doppler (totally not surprised by his protest...) but was happy to show off for the ultrasound.

  • We (me, the chief resident, and my Dr who is the head of the PDC and has the cutest boots ever) talked about what to do about Baby Boy's size... Matt was a big baby, I was a big baby, and Baby Boy is already measuring large across the board. In fact, I learned that they totally discount the one measurement where he's somewhat normal. While we can't make any predictions based on his current size, they are going to watch him closely towards the end. Since they do not want me having a c-section due to my blood clotting disorders, they may induce me early. But, we have awhile to go before that decision is made.
In other baby news, Baby Boy is about the size of a cantaloupe this week and is already swallowing small amounts of ambiotic fluid. His taste buds are already working, too- so I'm going to try and eat a large variety foods (i.e. cheese pizza AND pepperoni pizza) so that he develops a diverse palate.

And he's kicking!!! He's been kicking for awhile, but I thought it was just gas and stretching ligaments. Matt's actually able to feel him kick sometimes, so that's exciting. Baby Boy doesn't have a real pattern to his movements yet, but actually follows standard early baby movement (miracle beyond miracles) by moving a lot when I drink something cold and moving the most when I lay on my left side. He was also very active when I ate pineapple last night. And he moves when I burp (it's gross but part of being pregnant)... definitely a Franck boy!

I'm feeling fantastic!! I have tons of energy (despite the insomnia) and am super ready to do the whole "nesting" thing. I've heard this goes away in the next month or two, so I need to get busy!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP