Fabulously Fantastic Friday

Yesterday day was a hands-down great day. To summarize:

1. We received the cutest Valentine's Day cards from our nephew, Jackson. I love me some Handy Manny!

Thanks, Jackson!


2. We were able to watch Baby Boy move from the outside!! He was kicking pretty strongly in the evening and when I looked down, my belly was moving!!

3. The Opening Ceremonies!! Granted, we had to watch it tape delayed (even though we're in the same time zone as Vancouver... major gripe-fest), but it was still wonderful, accidental tri-pod aside.

Favorite Parts:
- Sarah McLaughlin and K.D. Lang performances (Matt didn't know who K.D. was and thought we were going to see a rap show... When I explained who she was and she started singing he said, "that's a woman?" Classy Matt; super classy.)
- The orca whales traveling across the floor.
- Steve Nash!! I have no idea why, but I go so excited when I saw him. He usually grosses me out with his sweaty, long hair (isn't there a sanitation issue there??) but tonight he was a welcomed surprise.
- The Great One, and the wild people chasing him as he played red-neck riding down the street in the back of the pick-up truck.

Not So Favorite Parts:
- Where was Celine!!?? Come on!! She might be crazy, but she's also awesome and one of the most famous Canadians. MAJOR letdown.
- The whole tap-dancing, punk rock, fiddle playing fiasco...
- The idea of a second caldron; I don't care that there was a malfunction, but you really only need one. Kinda lame to drive to the final location...

To celebrate the Opening Ceremonies, we watched them (of course). I was going to bake snowflake cookies but couldn't find a snowflake cookie cutter to save my life. And, we did a craft project. How can you watch them light the torch, without your own torch?? Mr. Lauer and Mr. Costas mentioned several times all of the different ways the torch was carried: chair lift, logging truck, dog sled, etc. Well, two can play at this game... our flame traveled by:

Speed Skate

Curling

Ski Jump

Down-Hill Ski

Bobsled

Figure Skate

Snowboard

Ice Hockey

Luge

Skeleton

Bialthlon



And once the torch arrived in our stadium, it had to lit, of course:


Contemplating his heavy responsibility. "I can do this. I will light things on fire. I am a Franck Boy."



Beginning the transfer...



Let the games begin!! Even the guy on TV likes it...


Our NBC affiliate begins coverage today at 2pm. Medals will be given in the ski jump (normal hill), mens 5000m speed skating, and the women's biathlon (sprint). Bode Miller also tries to redeem himself tonight in the men's downhill. And for those wondering, yes we will post our map with strings/medal counts probably half-way through and at the end of the games, too.

Lara Child  – (February 15, 2010 at 5:37 AM)  

I am going to frame all of these pictures on my wall! The funniest thing I have seen!!!!

Maria Popa  – (February 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP