No Sleep Till Brooklyn

Last night we finally felt like "real" New Yorkers.

We double-dated with our friends Sam and Ashley and spent the evening wandering the streets of NYC. After driving through the pouring rain into Brooklyn and finding the perfect parking spot (no easy feat), we ordered a large cheese pizza, sodas, and bag-o-garlic-knots to enjoy on benches overlooking the city. New York pizza is the BEST... nothing else like it and Matt and I are truly in love with it.

We then crossed the Brooklyn Bridge on foot into the financial district. It's incredible how much you can see from the bridge; the city is so small but so saturated- I'm amazed every time I really look at it. We continued through little parks and city streets to the 9/11 site, which Matt had never seen. I've only seen it twice (once in the past 6 months) and I was impressed at how far it's come. We then decided on dessert/coffee and made our way through ChinaTown to Little Italy.



Little Italy is adorable- we loved it!! The lights over the streets and little eateries that crowd the sidewalk made me feel like I was in movie (and the constant limos passing us made me think I was in the Sopranos...). We enjoyed dessert and coffee at Ferrara's (delicious) before catching the subway back to Brooklyn and the car ride home.

It was such a fun night; we really enjoyed taking in the city with Sam and Ashley- thanks for being such great tour guides!

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy  – (July 1, 2009 at 11:48 AM)  

so fun!! y'all were so adventurous!!!
...and the garlic knots are my fave too!

MattHQ  – (July 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM)  

Who's the guy in the dorky work outfit?

Oh wait, that's me :(

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP