The Joys of One Car

When Matt and I moved to Long Island, we decided to only bring one vehicle. We thought it would be a good economical move and good effort on our part to join this whole "green" movement. And, it has been good. We have only one car to insure and keep up. We only need space to park one car (for some reason, having a 2+ car garage is rare here...). And, Matt hardly ever drives because he runs to/from work.

However, the downside to having only one car, is that when some hooligan decides to do a smash-and-grab job on the passenger window to steal your Garmin, you are stuck driving home on a 20 degree night with glass flying everywhere. Score.

Matt is waiting for the police and I am inside figuring out where to rent a car... because we only have one and it's in need of a little love.

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy  – (January 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM)  

oh no!

but can i just say how lovely you wrote this post...

please tell you cried and maybe yelled....just a little bit maybe? hehe...

zip car you can rent hourly?
enterprise has good deals right now...
retailmenot.com then search enterprise
my dad swears by hertz though.

The George Family  – (January 10, 2009 at 12:30 AM)  

ugh! that is awful! Hope that everything turns out ok.

And I second Ashley here, you are so calm sounding. Even though I refuse to use "mean words" around Henry, I would have choice words if this happend to us!

Amy Franck  – (January 10, 2009 at 12:45 AM)  

Thanks for thinking I'm calm... I tend to be that way with the "bigger" dramas in life. Things like this are so unexpected and unplanned for that I just roll with them. It's the little things that eat at me... if we are 5 minutes late somewhere or if I forget one ingredient at the store , my mood quickly goes sour. Those are things over which I plan and control, and all of my "reactive energy" goes there!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP