27 Weeks

Earlier this week (as we sat court side to watch the stanford women's basketball team score 61 points in the first half- hello Elite Eight!!) Matt said, "only 27 weeks? this gets anti-climatic the more it goes on". Yes, I guess GETTING ONE WEEK CLOSER TO MEETING YOUR SON is anti-climatic.


But I get it- once you learn you're (finally) pregnant, hear the heart-beat, make it past the first trimester, and find out the gender, the only really big thing left is actually meeting the baby. Sure, it's awesome to see him on random scans and it's great when he passes all of the tests. But, it's not quite the "high" of the big things.


So, fully knowing that we are in an anti-climatic part of the pregnancy, here is a thrilling update:

- 27 weeks along... some people call this the start of the 3rd trimester. My OB does, as her office considers 37 full-gestation. I consider this a huge benefit to being high-risk. A lot of high-risk mothers have premature babies, so the doctors really see no need in you going more than 37 weeks. I am praying this means that our nugget is here NO LATER than June 23rd.

- The nugget has eyebrows and his brain is very active. He should weigh about 2 pounds (but we all know he's more than that...) and if you could measure him with his legs extended, he would be about 14.5 inches long. That's just weird to me; there's a living creature over a foot long inside of me. And he has apparently found my bladder, and he loves to kick it.

- I am still feeling well. My belly is L-A-R-G-E (as seen below). In fact, 4 weeks ago I sat next to a woman shorter than me who was 36 weeks and her belly was smaller than mine. I wanted to ask her where the heck she was keeping that baby!! And no, she did not have a long torso. Oh- and I passed both my glucose (diabetes) test AND my EKG test with flying colors!!

- The house is still moving along. We have a lot of little projects that are driving me nuts. I just want them done. Our friends and family should consider themselves extremely lucky that they don't live near us because you all would be enlisted for us. (And for the record- yes, we are making friends here but we can't quite require manual labor of them... yet).

- Matt is surviving-I think.


Ok, here are Baby and I in all our pregnant glory...



Lara Child  – (March 26, 2010 at 5:50 AM)  

14.5 inches? Wow! That's so amazing. Loving the pic too!

Jo  – (March 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM)  

You can totally require manual labor of us! Please don't be shy to ask!

The Roaming Southerner  – (April 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM)  

oh my gosh, Amy Lynn you look AWESOME! so cute

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP