The Cottage

You have waited patiently, asked kindly, and stopped asking because it never happened. BUT, here are pictures of the cottage!!! As you look through them, make sure to count how many chairs/sofas we don't have :)



This is our "sitting room"... the first room you enter when you come in the door.




This is our kitchen... why is it purple?? Glad you asked :) When we learned we could paint the walls however we wanted, I went a little crazy. I thought about the people I know who can decorate so well with bold colors... my good friend, Christine, has an orange sofa- orange!! And, my sweet friend, Sally, had a wall in her old home that was martini olive green. So, I went to Lowes, and bought purple paint on a whim. Granted, I didn't realize how purple it would turn out... I was hopeful for a more subtle, but richer color. I obviously got it wrong!





More kitchen... yes, I only have 2 drawers, 6 cabinets, and no dishwasher. Oh, I have about 1 square foot to prepare meals :) I will never take a kitchen island for granted again!


The bedroom... it's the only place for a TV. Note the Wii we have in here. There is absolutely no room to play it. And yes, I painted this purple, too. Matt installed the blinds.



My parents were sweet enough to give me my favorite lamp!!


Our dining/living/catch-all room.



Hall-way to the bathroom. I love my little benches!!


Bathroom... it's TINY!! But, we are amazingly making due :)




The rest of the bathroom.


And, that's our home!! If you counted, we have 4 dining room chairs and 1 big chair. Why don't we have a sofa?? It wouldn't fit through the front door. We rented this place as a transitional space for us. It's in a great location and it works for now. But, we'll be moving into a "real" house in the spring. We'll have room for guests, so we hope to actually have visitors! Now that I have more time on my hands, I'm learning on how to make this little place more of a home (http://amyfranck.blogspot.com/).

Note: Also missing is a washer/dryer... yes, I go to the laundromat :) Oh, and if you look closely, you can see that I store things underneath every piece of furniture!



Lizzy  – (November 6, 2008 at 1:47 PM)  

hahaha. We have the exact same bed. That's hilarious. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we both have amazing taste! : )

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy  – (November 15, 2008 at 11:00 PM)  

ok. I LOVE THE CHAIR IN THE SITTING ROOM...LOVE YOUR BED AND BEDDING AND I LOVE THE LITTLE BENCHES!!! HOW COTTAGE CHIC! personally, i think the purple is totally fun and charming

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP